LINCOLN SL-V INJECTORS
Lincoln industry-standard automatic lubrication system
Lincoln SL-V Injectors Description:
The changes are built around the new Lincoln SL-V Injectors. Since the system was first introduced in 1937, there have been many improvements to the injectors and other elements of the system, but the SL-V represents the most significant advance in the history of the line.
The Lincoln SL-V Injectors allow Centro-Matic systems to vent quickly which means the injectors reset many times faster. This has several implications when designing a system:
- Use heavier grease – This provides the potential to eliminate grease change-out due to temperature variations where lubricants are switched to lower viscosities in cold winter climates
- Reduce supply line diameter – This will save money on plumbing costs when designing a system.
Run longer supply lines – This gives you greater flexibility when installing systems and makes Centro-Matic a more effective option for many applications.
- Replace dual-line systems – Where Centro-Matic may not have been an option in the past, the SL-V’s superior venting capability means applications in traditional two-line markets like steel and cement now can be satisfied with Centro-Matic.
- Use SL-V injectors as replacements to the SL – in any application as they are fully compatible and mount on the same manifolds. Adding an SL-V to any existing SL-1 system will provide improved venting and system performance.
These patented injectors (Patent No. 6,705,432) feature a visual bypass indicator that warns of an internal bypass eliminating the need to remove feed-lines for bypass inspection. In addition, an available Spectrum Adjustment System that allows quick setting of injector output. This feature is not only ensures accurate and repeatable output settings, it gives a visual indication of output setting using color-coding. Every injector comes with a bulletproof protective cap for no additional cost.
The SL-V XL vents as much as 80 times faster than other standard high-output injectors. It has a maximum operating pressure of 6,000 psi and vents at 1,000 psi allowing for less time between lube events. Standard injectors have a maximum pressure of 3,500 psi and vent at 600 psi. With the new, patented SL-V XL injector, using thicker grease, running longer or smaller supply lines, and eliminating grease change-outs in cold weather means increased performance with less cost.
A Centro-Matic lubrication system typically is called a single-line parallel system because it has a single supply line and each injector acts independently of each other. Here are its key features:
- A single supply line that reduces plumbing costs over other styles of systems
- The system can be easily expanded
- The output of each injector can be adjusted
- If a single point is blocked because of a crushed line or tight bearing, the rest of the system continues to operate
- Injector operation can be viewed via visual indicator pin
Injectors need to reset after each lubrication cycle. The supply line pressure must drop to below the rated reset pressure of the injectors. If it doesn’t, the injector won’t dispense the proper amount of lubricant during the next lubrication cycle. Three variables affect the resetting of injectors:
- Thickness (viscosity) of the lubricant
- Supply line length
- Diameter temperature
View the internal features of the SL-V injector with this video file we’ve converted to Flash to enable you to view the complete file with audio. Choose the correct file based on your connection speed. Allow enough time for the file to load before it begins to play.
Vent Speed Demonstration
View a demonstration of the superior venting capability of the SL-V with video file we’ve converted to Flash to enable you to view the complete file with audio. Choose the correct file based on your connection speed. Allow enough time for the file to load before it begins to play.